Ray White Swanson Property Management have ensured all of our client’s, tenants and staff remain safe during alert level 3. Whilst we now do things differently, our service still remains paramount to us and we will do what we can within the current restrictions to assist.
- During Alert Level 3 tenants can move house to an area that is at Alert Level 3. Tenants can only move between areas at different Alert Levels, for example into or out of an Alert Level 2 area, if they are required:
– to do so by a court order or
– by law to move for the purposes of detention or to move to a different place of -residence that is determined for example by the Police or New Zealand Parole Board.
- If tenants are moving within an area that is at Alert Level 3, removal companies can assist with moving (following the appropriate Alert Level requirements).
- Tenants must legally have documents on them to show that they are moving house at Alert Level 3, for example, their signed tenancy agreement.
- Landlords can carry out inspections and maintenance at Alert Level 3 with the tenant’s consent, however public health measures must be followed including physical distancing, record keeping and mask wearing.
- Landlords and tenants should discuss and agree on access requirements for maintenance or inspections. Tenants who have genuine concerns about access into their home during this time should talk to their landlord. If the inspection or maintenance is not urgent, landlords and tenants may agree to postpone to a later date.
- During Alert Level 3 there will be no face-to-face Tribunal hearings or mediations. Where possible, hearings and mediations will take place over teleconference. If this is not possible, the hearing or mediation will be rescheduled. If you have a hearing scheduled during Alert Level 3, we will be in contact by phone, email or text, to let you know what this means for you.